Tuesday 14 April 2009

Bye-Bye Manda

Yesterday and today, I took Amanda to Bristol. Her flight left the Bristol Airport this morning around 10:30, so I left the Bristol Airport once she had boarded her plan at about 10:00. Because of the way the trains run, to get to the airport as early as we wanted (6:30), we had to leave Exeter last night. We had planned to spend the night in Bristol at the Backpacker's Hostel there, but the receptionist was extremely rude, so we decided to return to the train station to wait for the 2 am bus out to the airport. We were able to stay in the train station until around 1, but they locked the doors at 1, so we had to wait outside at the bus stop. Once the bus came, we had thought we were going to be able to take our backpacks on the bus (because the website said we could), but the bus driver wasn't havning any of that. Once we got on the bus, we weren't too happy to find that other people had their bags.

In spite of this, we made it out to the airport, and got everything set to put Amanda on her plane. We re-arranged her things in her bags, and let her get her clothes changed. Once the check-in counter opened, we got her checked in, and she headed off to security. I stayed in the lobby of the airport reading a book while I waited for her to tell me that she had made it on the plane. Once she was on the plane, I went outside and caught the bus back to Temple Meads station.

At Temple Meads, I missed the train back to Exeter by about two minutes, and so I had to wait for the next one. I caught the next one, and was back in Exeter and back home before 1:30 pm. I have a Rotary event tonight, and I wish I could sleep, but I'm just not having much luck (hence this blog entry). I'm goin to get back to trying to sleep before I have to get ready to head down to the Odeon to meet our ride out to Ottery St. Mary at 6:40 tonight.

No comments: